twitstamp.com

follow Tommie on twitter

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Entertainment News 081606

Veteran character actor Bruno Kirby has died in Los Angeles aged 57. Kirby, who played Billy Crystal's best friend in When Harry Met Sally and City Slickers, died of complications related to leukaemia on Monday. Born in New York City in 1949, he also appeared in The Godfather Part Two and Good Morning, Vietnam.

Brad Pitt has been schlepping Maddox and Zahara Jolie-Pitt to work with him every day. According to the New York Post, Brad has been parking his two adopted kids with Angelina Jolie at the day care center on the Warner Brothers lot in L-A, where he's filming Oceans 13. Yes...I said Oceans 13. No word on why Angelina is focusing solely on Shiloh, and I really don't care because now I'm too busy shaking my head over Oceans 13.

Sam Jackson thanks the media for broadcasting his desire for New Line Cinema to call his upcoming film by its original title, Snakes on a Plane, and include the sex and violence that was to be cut to avoid its current R-rating. Jackson says, "Without [the media] the movie would still be P-G 13 and without [the media] it would still be called Pacific Flight 121. No matter how much hell I raised or whatever, it would not have happened unless [they] got on the bandwagon and helped me do that. It should have been called Snakes on a Plane from the beginning. That's the honest-to-God reason I took the job -- we know what we're getting here." PLAY DROP 7 The film opens Friday, and my wife has no urge to see it at all. But I can't wait.