twitstamp.com

follow Tommie on twitter

Sunday, February 10, 2008

My Thoughts On The Grammys

  • Foo Fighters were awesome, as always.
  • Great to see Ringo, disturbing that Dave Stewart from Eurythmics has hung around with him so much that he's starting to look just like him.
  • Kid Rock still can't sing and the old woman he dueted with deserved a real partner.
  • Kanye West is useless but at least he loves his Mom.
  • Amy Winehouse had to have been drunk, not one of the better live shots of her I've seen.
  • Herbie Hancock looked as shocked as we were that he won Album Of The Year.
  • Beyonce's legs are slowly becoming California Redwoods. The gold Daisy Dukes were a bad idea.
  • Tina Turner is now roughly 40% Plastic.
  • Some great tributes throughout the evening.
  • I noticed The White Stripes won something. Can anyone explain them to me? I just don't get how that band is good.
  • Jerry Lee Lewis looked uncomfortable, but I would too at 153.
  • Aretha, yes, has become a bit more zoftig, sure, but she can still belt it out like nobody's business.

I give the broadcast an A- overall, with extra credit given for the embracing of history, which always wins points with me.