twitstamp.com

follow Tommie on twitter

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Westway To The World Of Frustration

It's happened before, but a specific incident reference evades me. However, I'm sure I'm not the only one. It usually involves the History Channel or Discovery. Or the Military Channel, when I had it.

Can someone please explain how THIS happens:

Channel surfing yesterday, because the teams I give a tug about in the NCAA Conference Games are already out. I see a listing for a history of The Clash on The Documentary Channel. Excellent. Bring it on. I start watching it, and start scanning ahead to DVR it the next time it's on.

I go out five days, and although THEY ARE REPEATING EVERY OTHER GODDAMN DOCUMENTARY that's on the schedule in those five days...there is NO other listing for this piece on The Clash.

SO: bite me, TV schedulers. I'm sorry that I don't like the same pap as everyone else, that I don't get moist at the thought of another season of American Idle, or reality shows with kids being tortured a'la Lord Of The Flies, or this stupid game show designed to bust up marriages.

Thank God for my DVD collection...

BTW: the Horton Hears A Who movie is good. Take your kids.