twitstamp.com

follow Tommie on twitter

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Entertainment News for Tuesday

Craig will be pleased when he gets back: Eddie Murphy, like most critics, has apparently had enough of Eddie Murphy movies. Although he's about to revive Beverly Hills Cop for another go-round, Murphy told Extra that at "50 years old, I'll have been making movies 30 years and I have close to 50 movies, and it is like, why am I in the movies? I've done that part now. I'll go back to the stage and do standup." No word on how his favorite co-star, Eddie Murphy, is handing the news of this impending retirement.

While Madonna reportedly gets her legal ducks in a row to divorce husband Guy Ritchie, a lavish 50th birthday party for the Material Mom is being planned -- by husband Guy Ritchie! Meanwhile, things are not okay at Madonna's childhood home. The suburban Detroit home went up in a blaze Friday night, and yesterday the local sheriff's department deemed the fire suspicious was investigating the possibility of arson. I;m not sure, but this might be the first recorded arson in the history of Detroit...I'll check my sources...

Was that Verne Troyer sex tape leaked by Verne Troyer? It turns out that the little actor has big problems with the I-R-S -- to the tune of about 283-thousand dollars in back taxes he reportedly owes in Michigan and California. While the two-foot-eight "Mini-Me" has been going around suing over the tape -- claiming it was stolen -- one company is reportedly trying to convince him to release it in exchange for some cold, hard cash. So you may yet have the chance to gaze on 32-inches of Verne working his magic on 64-inches of ex-girlfriend Ranae Shrider. Or you could gouge your eyes.

The contract between Hollywood studios and the Screen Actors Guild expired at midnight. The next big Christian Bale film is in jeopardy if actors strike. He tells us, "I've now begun working on Terminator. Whilst I'm making movies, the rest of the world ceases to exist for me, [but] I hope there's nobody out there who wants to have a strike. I hope that everybody wants to be able make a deal. The industry is reeling from the writers' strike. People are barely recovering from that. I can't understand why anyone would be desiring to strike rather than make a deal."