twitstamp.com

follow Tommie on twitter

Monday, December 01, 2008

Paul Hardy, 1952 - 2008

A good friend and a good mate of mine has died in Australia.

We'd never met face-to-face, but Paul and I had worked together on a number of audio projects on and off for six years. He even sent me vegemite a couple of years ago after I mentioned that I'd never tried it (and I wish I still hadn't, that stuff was horrible).

When I was doing research for the novel I wrote in '06, he was a great deal of help to me. He filled major gaps in my knowledge of his home country, and of the sport of cricket. He was also a great sounding board for character development (both for Aussies and Kiwis), and never asked for anything in return. We spoke on the phone once during the process, and he was one of the funniest people I've ever spoken to.

I have few details beyond he died of a heart attack some time Sunday Night. He was 56, and he will be missed.

Godday, Paul.